Update VX1 from Navionics to Cmap

A

Anonymous

Hi Furuno Forum people

I have bought a boat in Australia with an Navnet RDP139 configured for Navionics. I can not buy a classic card for Australia. I am told I need to change to CMap software. This can not be done by my dealer. I have been advised to contact Furuno USA, but can not find an email address.

Hence I am here.

Can anyone provide me with the software and instructions necessary to change my RDP139 from Navionics to CMap?

I have just been through this and have been advised that it is necessary to send the unit to the factory to change from C-Map to Navionics as there are no diy downloads to make this change.
Thus I am using my non compatible unit as a dedicated fish finder. It will load the gps position, just not the non compatible chart.

The PC software and instructions are on our web site under the NavNet one products (like the GP1900C for example) but it takes the right cables and setup. Normally it is recommend that a dealer or the service center conduct the software update because of the complexity and possibility to turn the unit into a toaster. To get the absolute newest version of software it MUST got to the service center.

Back