Adding DFF1 to NavNet1

A

Anonymous

2004 Navnet 1 RPU-014 blackbox, software recently updated by dealer, I'm removing the working ETR 6/10N and adding a DFF1. The boat already has a b260 (525t-HDD) Transducer & 4K open array. I only use this unit for sonar and radar.

Garmin 4210 for Nav.

Are there any setting I need to change or recommended setting or is it plug and play? I fish in 10-150 feet of water 90% of the time if that helps.

I've set the DFF1 Mode Switch to #1 on, #2 off, #3 off, #4 on. The transmission power is set to 1Kw but moving switch 1 to the on position. Looking at the box with the network plug positioned down, this is the switch furthest to the right.

Boat is new to me so I'm trying to get a couple seasons out of the existing hardware before investing in a new Furuno upgrade since nothing here is forwards compatible.

Finally is the DFF1-UHD with a new B265 compatible with the old NavNet1 blackbox?

Thanks you in advance.
Ant

The DFF1 power selection dip switch is on the inside of the board or to the right as you look at the unit with the cables at your chest.

The DFF1-UHD is not compatible with NN1 or Vx2.

Good morning arich,

Thank you for your inquiry. The dip switch configuration in the down, up, up, down is correct. That will allow a static IP addressing and power from an external source. It also sounds like you changed the output power to 1kw by moving the S2 #1 position to on. That is correct.

The Navnet 1 is not compatible with the DFF1-UHD.

Good luck and have fun out there!

C-Bass

Are there any setting you'd recommend

For example, should I set it to "Auto Fishing" and just let the machine do it's thing or use manual settings?

Thansks,
Ant

Back