Connecting Furuno FA50 to Navnet2

robjl

I have just purchased a used Furuno FA50 for my Navnet 2
Is installation on a new vessel a problem? :sorry

No but you should change the MMSI and boat name in the unit to match your vessel. Instructions in the manual. For the Vx2 you will need to use a PC to change the information.

The manual and the cable that comes with the unit will be needed. If you get stuck on a step give our phone support a call. They are normally good with talking you through the process.

I am trying to change the boat name on my fa50 through the navnet 3D but I can't work out how to delete the old name in the ship static edit page.
I can enter new data easily where there is a blank box, but how do I delete the old name?
The 'delete' button takes me right back to the main menu so that I have to log in all over again...

bettyjean":3g02ds6a said:
I am trying to change the boat name on my fa50 through the navnet 3D but I can't work out how to delete the old name in the ship static edit page.
I can enter new data easily where there is a blank box, but how do I delete the old name?
The 'delete' button takes me right back to the main menu so that I have to log in all over again...

You can't just clear the old MMSI by hitting delete. You have to highlight the old MMSI (double click) and then start typing in the new MMSI and it will overwrite the old MMSI.

Thanks. I managed to highlight the old name by pressing the left curser at the same time as the centre curser.
All sorted now.

Back