VX2 1934C, year 2005, Radar background color issue

A

Anonymous

Hello,

On Friday night, the radar half of my screen displayed with a white background and red/orange targets with what appeared to be less than normal definition. The chart side of the screen displayed as expected and normal.

The radar unit was not responsive to background color changes even though I attempted to select several other options. It appears there is not an option for White background/Red character display, both in the manual and on the unit itself.

The previous use of the radar (the previous week) appeared normal and background was able to be changed.

Could I have accidentally selected a setting which caused this change, or is this color combo indicative of a problem? The unit was shipped to Furuno last october for a new trackball and software update (although with my new chart card, the map display still blink white on occasion).

Best regards,

Kirk

The unit will only listen to your settings for color selection when you have the HUE setup for Manual. If you setup for DAY, NIGHT, or TWILIGHT; they are defined colors you can't edit/change. Try putting your HUE into Manual Set.

Back