Won't Transmit.

A

Anonymous

Please help,
Whenever I try to switch from standby to transmit, my radar immediately resets, and restarts.
Are there any common reasons as to this happening? Any troubleshooting tips I could use or manuals I could look at?
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, this needs to be fixed ASAP and I'm at a loss for ideas.

All of our manuals are available on-line at www.furunousa.com. Just put your model number in the search area. Once you find the product page they will be under manuals and documents.

That's the problem, I've looked through the manuals, and through the entire troubleshooting area of them and I can't seem to find out how to solve my specific issue.
Maybe I'm blind, can you recommend a page that I might be missing?
Or any troubleshooting steps that you might know?
If I have to I'll take it apart... but this is really frustrating and I'd enjoy an expert opinion before my own.
Any and all help welcome, please and thank you.

The obvious tings to check are corroded connections or low voltage or current. If you are in the USA then I would suggest contacting our technical department while you are on the boat. They usually can walk you through a few things to check. The are located in in Camas, Washington and can be reached at 360-834-9300. Ask for light marine technical support.

If you are unable to do this then please open a support case under our FAQ section of the website. (click on support)

Randomsailor,

Melville is right to have you check-out the easy stuff first, like the condition of corroded connections or for low voltage or current issues.

If you feel comfortable enough, you can open up the Dome/Assy or Gearbox for a quick visual inspection. Is there any water or moisture inside the unit..? Does the Array freely spin, and is the Motor/Assy operating normally (with no grinding noises)..?

Any of this information would be extremely helpful when you contact our technical department while you are on the boat.

Deep Blue - ;)

Back