Navnet 1 & GP-320b

A

Anonymous

I am having trouble getting a GPS fix on the MFD. What settings do I need to make sure are on in the MFD, to get this antenna to work? I have the GP-320b plugged into the Data 1 port.

If I bring up the satellite signal page it shows satellites have been aquired. COG on the chart changes as the boat moves. However I never get a SOG reading and the chart does not appear. There is a Lat/Lon number, but it never changes as the boat moves.

Any input is appreciated.

Sounds like you have the unit in simulate mode. Ensure you have Radar, Plotter, and sounder setup for LIVE.

yep, everything was in simulate mode...Thanks.

Now I suspect the GPS antenna is bad. Is that safe to assume since I am not getting a fix? Not showing anything in the Satellite reception page and did a self test on the antenna came up with "NG", no good?

NG represents no good.
Be sure to check all connections for security, integrity, and corrosion. A GPS fix usually takes a few minutes to pick up the satellite information, depending on your location, but if you don't get any GPS fix after about 20 minutes or so and the self test says NG, then I would recommend taking a look at your GPS antenna to make sure no condensation has got into the antenna which could cause damage. A new antenna could fix the GPS no fix issue if your old antenna is in fact bad.

Ensure that data port 1 is setup for Furuno Sensor = YES.
Ensure your NavOption position source is set to BBWGPS.
Then try.

Is Port 1 on the vx the only way to bring in the 320B antenna data?

Johnny Electron":220sultj said:
What size is the display unit?
Its a 10.4" RDP-149 just being used as a plotter/sounder.
SN 4345-0798

The GPS can be used directly into data 1 or you can use Furuno adaptor cable AIR-033-407 to connect the GPS unit to data 4.

Back