Upgrade NavNet 1 to vx2 ? heading sensor

J

JonAHupp

I'm updating my NavNet 1 system (RDP-139 / GP 1700C) to two RDP-149s. My system has a network sounder (which seems fine on everything) and a PG-500 heading sensor.

The heading sensor currently interfaces with the main RDP-139 via the Data 3 port. Is there any sort of setup that I need to do when I replace the RDP-139 with an RDP-149 regarding this heading sensor or do I just plug it into the Data 3 port on the RDP-149? Thanks.

Good morning JonAHupp,

You pretty much have it right, you can plug in the PG500R to Port 3 on the RDP149 this should be the AD10 port on the compass. I would also recommend that you copy the NMEA data sentences that are turned on in the RDP139. You can hit [Menu], [system config], [system setup], [port setup]. Please look at Port 1, Port 2, Port 3, and the Network port. Please copy the sentences that are turned if you plan to just swap the RDP139 and RDP149 and use the same wiring configuration. You will need to know what data is going where. The Network port allows the (1st) RDP149 and send data to the (2) RDP149.

Kind Regards,

Thank you. I will check. I seem to have access to Ports 1,2, and 4, but not much access to Port 3 on either the RDP-139 or 149?

Thank you. I will check. I seem to have access to Ports 1,2, and 4, but not much access to Port 3 on either the RDP-139 or 149?

Sorry about that JonAHupp,

It was a typo, you will not have access to look at port three because it is dedicated to heading in an AD10 format. I meant to take a look at Ports: 1,2,4, and Network.

Back