Unable to change the depths in depth shading display

A

Anonymous

I have a GD-1920C plotter installed in 2006. I have the most current software updates installed. I have been unable to change the depth settings in the depth shading display.

To reach the depth shading control I go through the following sequence of buttons:
MENU
CHART SETUP
CHART CONFIGURATION
DEPTH CONFIGURATION--Soft Key
DEPTH SHADING CONFIGURATION is selected and push EDIT soft key
Select MANUAL and push ENTER soft key
Select DEPTH SHADING DISPLAY and push EDIT soft key.

The two depths currently set on the DEPTH SHADING display appear as 7t and 18ft with a blue, aqua and white box beneath the numbers. When I move the track ball to place the up or down arrows on the 7ft or the 18ft numbers and try to change the number all I get is the triple beep indicating an invalid operation--this is true whether I punch in another number on the number pad or I push the + or - toggle switch. A Furuno dealer in Charleston, SC who came to my boat and installed my software updates was also unable to change the Depth Shading numbers.

In order to properly see the water depths displayed on the chart near shore I am forced to select NONE in the DEPTH SHADING CONFIGURATIOHN box. I would like to USE manual and change the actual depth numbers so that shallower depths appear on the chart in color.

Any help or suggestions you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

The Navionics version was limited in depth contour abilities. Is this what you have?

Back