VX2 issues with blowing inline 15amp fuse

A

Anonymous

I have a VX2 unit that has an issue with blowing inline 15amp fuse. I have replace 4 times and when I turn off unit and try to turn back on it blows the fuse. I am afraid it might be something to do with the power button. Has anyone have had this happen to them?
Thanks

Was there any work done on the vessel recently?
Is the fuse blowing on every time you try to turn on the display? Or only when you shut off and quickly turn back on the display?

Also try unplugging everything that is connected to your VX2 unit. The only thing hooked up to the unit should be the power cable. Then try turning on the unit and see if the fuse blows.
If its blows with only the power wire plugged in, then double check your connections and cable for incorrect connections or damage or exposed wiring on the power cable itself.

If the fuse does not blow, then try hooking up components to the display one by one. Check to see when the fuse Blows. (If the fuse blows once you connect your transducer cable to the display, then you know the issue is in that area etc.)

Thank you I plan on working on it this week I will post back results thanks again

Back