vx2 software update problem

A

Anonymous

im pretty tech savy. bought a new boat with a vx2. boat is a 2006 and i think the software was never updated. like 1.05? anyway...i said let me do update. downloaded the update per instructions and put on 1gb sd card. followed instructions word by word. put card in, powered up, got the beeps and bridge graphic change but then the continuous beep never stopped and i eventually had to manually power off. now it powers up but just shows status bar loading over and over. any ideas?

Units with v1.08 or better can update with the software posted on the web site.
Unit with v1.06 or better can be updated with special software obtained by calling your distributor's tech support.
Units with anything older (ie 1.05 , 1.04) must be sent in to the service center for a hardware update.

Older units really should visit the service center anyway for the periodic internal battery change.

thanks. so im screwed? was that info posted anywhere? i didnt see anything about that.

i tried again with different card and its now working again. when i check version number in menu do i look at program number or fpga number?

Program number will be the top number when you run the self test of the machine.
(MENU - SYSTEM CONFIG - SYSTEM SETUP - TEST & CLEAR - MEMORY I/O TEST - DISPLAY UNIT TEST)

cool. i guess i'm good then. got to 4.01. i was looking at fpga when i said i was at 1.05. i must have been on later software. just used a new different 2GB card. thanks

Attachments

• furunoprog1.jpg
    furunoprog1.jpg
    448.5 KB · Views: 1,615
Back