Nav Net 1 Set Up Help

A

Anonymous

Hello, I have a 2003 version of Nav Net 1. It was on a boat I purchased in New Jersey and brought to California. No manuals were provided by previous owner.
The system is a 10.4" and 7" on lower station and another 7" on the tower. It has a 36 mile radar connected to lower station 7" display.
I changed the tranducer to a 1kw hdd unit and used the hole for the old transducer as a paddle wheel sensor. I connected these to the BBFF1 unit with a y conector
1- After reinstalling the tower, the GPS would not get a fix. I changed a few settings trying to get it to work, mistake on my part. I replaced the GPS antenna and got it to work. I noticed that the 2, 7" displays do have speed over ground. Is there a setting issue?
2- I have a Simrad AP 22 and it does not get Position data from the gps. It did before I changed settings.
3- Since the boat came from the East coast, the Waypoints default to East latitude. I can change them, but can the system be changed to West latitude?
4- The unit is a Navionics unit and the chart detail is horrible. I found a used 1999 chart card for California and it is the style that is no longer in production. Does Furuno still produce and sell the vx2 product line? I did not want to upgrade this system, but I may have to. My lower helm doe not have the space to use the new larger displays. I have room for the current 10.4" and 7" displays.

Is there a list of settings that I can use to restore the functions I need?
The boat is an hour away. I can get part numbers everything if needed this weekend.

Thank you.

7" displays do have speed over ground. Is there a setting issue?
If you have speed over ground, it is normal to have it with GPS connected.

I have a Simrad AP 22 and it does not get Position data from the gps. It did before I changed settings
What NMEA sentences do you have turned on at the port wired to the AP22?

Since the boat came from the East coast, the Waypoints default to East latitude. I can change them, but can the system be changed to West latitude?

Normally a new waypoint defaults to the current location.

Does Furuno still produce and sell the vx2 product line?
No, only parts to support existing systems. Many with NN1 Navionics units pay a dealer to reprogram them to be C-map so they can buy new maps. C-map still makes and sells cards that will work in the older NN1 hardware.

Is there a list of settings that I can use to restore the functions I need?
The install and operators manuals are found on www.FurunoUSA.com under the product model of the unit.

Johnny,

Answer 1 to question 1. I made a typing error. I do not have GPS speed over ground.
Answer 2 to question 2. I will need to pull the panel apart to see which port is wired to the AP.
Answer 3 to question 3. I thought is should change to my current location, but every way point is entered as East Latitude.
Answer 4 to question 4. Thank you for the response. My dealer had a 10.4' vx2 display for sale from another customer. It I went this route, I want 2 7" displays as well.

I will research the on line manuals.

I read somewhere that there are certain sentences for a function can not be turned on all the displays. Can you explain further?

Johnny.
Here is a rundown of how the system is set up.
RDP 139. Data 1- GPS antenna.
Data 2 Black/White to Simrad AP 22.
Data 3 Yellow/Green to or from Simard AP 22
Data 4 to Icom 602.
Network cable installed

RDP 131.
36 Mile 4kw Radar hooked up
Data 1 powers Ethernet hub.
Data 2 input from BBFF1 sounder.

Tower has RDP 131 with only a power supply and network cable.

I was changing settings and sentences to get the tower unit to work and I know I messed that part up.
The sounder is not working to any of the displays.
I get GPS to the RDP 139, but no heading data to the 2- 7" displays.

Please help.

No dead end, just busy.
For output to the network ONLY the RDP139 should have any sentences turned on "output thru network". I suggest only GGA, VTG, ZDA. The other units should have nothing turned on under output thru network. Your problem with heading is because where your heading has been wired (RDP139) and where your radar is connected (RDP131). Heading should always connect to the radar unit. This is because heading travels over the network as part of the radar package of info. I suggest you move the heading from the RDP139 (port 3) to the correct location on the RDP131 (data 2). If your NETWORK sounder (BBFF1) is really connected to data 2 (heading input) of the RDP131 it should be disconnected ASAP.

I took Friday off work, so I could call tech support in Camas. I do not know which employee assisted me, but he was very help full. With his help, I got the system configured correctly. I had one issue that could not be corrected and it was the BBFF1 as not working. We narrowed it down to a data cable. It was as simple as unplugging the cable and plugging it back in.

Thanks unknown Furuno Employee

Back