Plotter flashes white every 40 seconds

A

Anonymous

I have a 2006 model GD-1920C plotter. The plotter flashes bright white and display disappears for a fraction of a second-then display reappears. This happens about every 40-45 seconds when plotter is on small scale (e.g. 1 or 2 nm). This is very distracting and I'd like to know if anything can be done to prevent this. Thanks very much.

By the sound of it, you have a new(ish) chart card and old software in the display.
What is the version of software you have in the display unit?

Yes. I installed a 2016 chart card just last month.
I'm quite sure the software for the plotter is original.
I wasn't aware the software could be updated.
How is this done?

Software is posted on the Furuno USA website under the product page of the product in question. You will find both the software and instructions located there. If you want to see what your software version is; please run the self test. (MENU- SYSTEM CONFIG- SYSTEM SETUP - TEST & CLEAR - MEMORY I/O TEST - DISPLAY/Processor UNIT TEST.)
If you left me know the program number show at the top of the test screen I can help guide you a bit more.

Thank you very much. Sorry for the delayed response but have been at sea
and dealing with other boat issues. I will do as you suggested and let
you know. Thanks again.

My plotter software program number is

Thank you again for all the help.

Extremely old software. It is so old the normal software posted on our web site wont upgrade the unit. Please open a support case with tech support and they can help you get the unit upgraded.

Thank you for all the help. I had the software upgrades installed and the plotter operates and refreshes much more quickly.

Back