A

Anonymous

What is the latest version for RDP149?

Mine has
Progam no: 195002403.04,07
FPGA 01.06
SN 4346.xxxx

Thanks for the reply,
I've seen this file but I'm a little lost.

Which version my machine has? 03.04 or 04.07 or 01.06? It is not clear from the instructions.

Looking at the furuno usa web site there is no software update listed under the RDP149 page.
Perhaps is identical with some other model? e.g. the GP1920
If it is, my serial number is 4346- does this mean this is a LED backlit model?

Furthermore i've looked at the GP1920 update instructions and I notice that my machine makes 2 beeps -one right after the other - when I press the on button. Not one beep as stated in the update instructions.

Your unit is C-map (24); version 3.04 software with boot loader 07.
Based on the age of your software (version 3.04) your unit is a CCFL backlit display. (not LED backlit) Any unit that is LED backlit would be at version 4.xx already.

You can also determine if a unit is LED or CCFL by running the self test of the unit. (MENU - SYSTEM CONFIG - SYSTEM SETUP- TEST & CLEAR - MEMORY I/O TEST - DISPLAY UNIT TEST) LED units will have an asterisk next to the boot loader number.

Furthermore i've looked at the GP1920 update instructions and I notice that my machine makes 2 beeps -one right after the other - when I press the on button. Not one beep as stated in the update instructions
Normal power on is two beeps. When a proper upgrade card inserted and recognized, it will be one beep as the instructions state.

So I use the GP1920 update files?

Edit: well I tried GP1920 files and update did not happen. I used a sandisk 2Gb SD card, FAT formated.

The machine just wrote on the card a file with name _furuno.txt, so it recognises the card.

Please call into tech support with a PC that we can share via the internet and the SD card in question. I am sure we can find what is wrong.

I've tried again this morning with clear mind and the GP1920C files and it worked.
Thanks.

Back