Networking 2 Navnet VX2 displays

A

Anonymous

I have two NAVNET VX2 10" displays (RDP-139) that I'd like to network to share data. I assume I need a 7 pin data cable between the two units to start?
Does the software on the units need to be the same release?
Can I share my radar, sounder and GPS?

Good morning MWNelson123,
You can interface your RDP-139 (NavNet1) displays together using a 6-pin data cable (000-154-049, 5m) that would allow the 2 units to communicate with each other via the Network Port on the back of the machines. If you have network sounder like the DFF1 you would need to install a hub in the network to allow your 2 displays to communicate with the network sounder. You can use an off the shelf hub to interface the units and sounder together. If you decide to use the network hub you will need to use hub adapter cables (000-144-463). You will also need to configure the 2 displays and sounder together in the installation menu. This can be found in the installation manual for the NavNet1.

If I have the BFF1 sounder connected in to the "network" port then can i use a "data" cable in the data ports to get the GPS signal from the one w/ the antenna to the other VX2?

ideally, if you have two displays and a sounder, you would connect the "Network" connections of each unit to a network hub so they all can talk together. If you have one unit and sounder which you do not want to add a hub, it is possible to connect the NMEA 0183 data ports of the two units to share position. Unlike having a network connection with a hub, you will have no control of the sounder on the second machine. Hubs are cheap. You can normally get one for under $10 on AMAZON.

So using the network hub configuration, will the DFF1 sounder also connect in to the hub and if so is this the same cable from the DFF1 to the hub? Or will the DFF1 stay going in to one display's "network" port, then both displays will use data ports and this 000-144-463 cable?

If I really only want my secondary unit to get the GPS location, is my easiest path just to interface the 2 units w/ a data cable? The 2 units are side by side so I am just using them as dedicated displays for single or dual functions.

Back