ais addition

A

Anonymous

I have a furuno vx2 10 in...I have a 720AP feeding heading into port 3 nmea out of port 2 and a bb depth finder. I want to connect a standard horizon 2000 vhf/ais. I know port 3 is ais only where can I get nmea out and what color wires? any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

I know port 3 is ais only where can I get nmea out and what color wires? any help is appreciated.
Port 3 is heading input only. If using NMEA 0183 AIS data, it is wired into data port 2. Once wired that port (data2 on 10.4 Vx2) becomes and AIS input port only. Normally if you have a need for output data it will come off of data 1, if available. If not; it is possible to get data out port 4 but since it is designed for RS232 for a PC you normally need a RS232 to RS422 converter. Noland Engineering makes the XP 15 that works well for both converting and expanding the NMEA port for more outputs.

Your rite.now that i look at my drawings I have port one gps antenna, port two nmea out , port three AP in....If I add a 7 inch unit would that help me? and than what ports would be used/

If a 7" VX2 unit was on the network with your 10.4"; you could wire the AIS data to data port 1. The AIS will be shared with both units automatically from the 7". (Keeping in mind that the NN1 will don't conduct AIS so it MUST be a Vx2) It is also possible to use a network AIS like the FA30 or FA50 and keep your NMEA ports free.

Ok so I now have a hub, cables for the units to the hub .Any idea what cable I will need for port one of the seven inch screen? And what color wires are + and- ais input ...also any idea witch wires are the output of the standard horizon 2200...? I looked at wire diagram but.....I think its yellow and white? And any particular settings on seven inch? I know I am asking a lot...I do appreciate this form and all the help I get.....
Thanks ,
Jim

Attachments

• IMG_1112.JPG
    IMG_1112.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 2,781
You need 7 pin data cable 000-154-028. It would go to data port one of the 7" unit. The AIS would be wired to the yellow (+) and green (-) input wires. This would connect to the Yellow (+) and White (-) AIS output from the radio.

Ok so I have to update the rdp-148 unit I am installing on the network. It is updated to 3.03. and the serial number is 4327-1293 Can i get the update off this site and what display unit is it? Thanks again... I will eventually get all this together....

Jim

aaaaaaaa.jpg

Sorry about being sideways but this is the unit..

Thanks,
Jim

Ok i did the update and now have ais signals showing on 7 inch radar and plotter. The ten inch unit shows ais on radar screen but not on plotter.. Any Ideas? Both have latest updates 4.03.
Thanks again.

On the 10.4"; from the plotter screen it MENU - SYSTEM CONFIG - GENERAL SETUP - AIS OPTION. I would suggest range to 48nm, targets 30. Then hit RETURN button and ensure your local time offset is correct for the area you live. (ie. East coast USA should be set to minus 5:00) and that the DST (daylight saving time) is set correct. Lastly go back to the main plotter screen and hit MENU - CHART SETUP - TRACKS & MARKS CONTROL - then ensure TARGETS TRACK DISPLY says BOTH. If not edit it to ON and BOTH, then ENTER.

Ok everything is working perfectly as it should... thanks Johnny for the help :jump now on to my buddies boat I spend the rest of my time fishing on.

Hi, I thought I'd continue this thread since it seems to be dealing with the same question. I have a Navnet vx2 with radar and chartplotter. I want to add a Vespar AIS transponder. The output is NMEA 2000. Is it possible to connect the AIS to my Furuno so that I have Radar, chartplotter and AIS displays on my screen? If so, how? Thanks in advance!

Back