NavNet v2

A

Anonymous

Hi all

is it still possible to buy new navnet v2 BB ?

or does anyone have refurbished units available ?

My Navnet 1 BB displays for 30 seconds with a 1 sec blackout then displays again for 30 or 40 seconds and so on. The screen actually says "signal loss " during this blackout and then back to where it left off. Any ideas ?

Kind Regards Bas

The Vx2bb is no longer sold about 3 years ago. If you have one, we do offer parts and support to repair one. Your local authorized Furuno dealer might have a used unit to offer or can help you locate one.

By the sound of it your Vx2bb unit might be okay, but the problem could be related to the video monitor and cable being used. I would recommend you try connecting a VGA monitor and known good VGA cable up to the VX2bb for testing. If you do indeed find the Vx2 to be the problem; I would recommend you send it into our factory service center for repair evaluation.

Thank you JE for the response.
My unit is Navnet 1 BB, I got around problem by using VGA to DVI converter it does it at a less often rate, although annoying as must run genset or inverter.
The screens and cables work in other configurations, so prob navnet.
Was told there is a cable trick to keep screen on by adding power to the power present pin on VGA but haven't actually found any info on the net about it.

So thought maybe good time for an easy upgrade to V2.
Many thanks

Help -
I purchased a vessel with a Furuno Array RSB-0070, R131-9204, FCCADB9ZWRTR059 - Furuno processor RPU-015, 4324-5104 - and on the flybridge a Navnet vx2 c-mapntmax that a week later was stolen!!! Can you tell me which model Navnet on the flybridge did I have that is compatible with what they left?? I would like to replace with the same age unit to limit conflicts if possible, but any suggestions are welcome. thanks

What is left on the boat would be the 1944CBB/NT radar system. (black box with that radar scanner). The one that was taken was most likely a 7" unit (with cursor pad) or a 10.4" unit (with trackball). Neither of these displays are sold by Furuno anymore, but some dealers still have some remaining inventory of the 10.4" display units. I suggest you contact your local dealer. The NavNet Vx2 10.4" display would be know as the RDP149 or GD1920C/NT.

Thank you Johnny!!! I will give a local dealer a call and see if they can fix me up.

One of our customers has 2 RPU-015 BB units connected to MU-155C LCD Displays.
The port monitor blacks out after approximately 20-30 min of being powered on. Both the display and BB have the green power lights on.

I tried swapping monitors from port to stbd and still the port monitor drops out. This tells me it seems to be the BB and not the LCD monitor.

Cabling and connectors for both units appear to be in good shape. Would this be a problem with the video output from the BB?

Is this still a serviceable item if it were sent in for repair? (RPU-015, ser. no. 4324-2773)

Thank You

Kevin,

Here is a few things that you can try:

Using a 2 GB SD Card, back-up all the unit's Waypoints and Settings Data. Then go and perform a Master Reset of the unit. You can do this by holding the Power Button and Clear Button at the same time.

Once this has been completed, try running the unit live again without reloading any of the unit's settings. If unit seems to be running normally, and without the monitor blacking out (or any other problems). Go ahead and re-load all the unit's Waypoint and Data information back into the unit.

Re-test the unit again.

If the same problem still persists after doing the above mentioned items, it could be a corrupted software issue or possible defective Processor Board.

At that time I would send the unit to Furuno USA in Camas for service.

Back