Another VX2 Software Update Question

Re: Another VX2 Software Update Question

Postby Johnny Electron » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:20 am

Trying turning OFF "object info"
(MENU - Chart Setup - Chart Config - Next page)
Johnny Electron
Johnny Electron

Postby ibldrc » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:08 am

Hello, Johnny.
This topic is exactly what I'm working on at the moment, so if you don't mind me hitching a ride....

I purchased a boat from the Northeast, and I'm in the Southeast. I just realized I need a new chart, and also found that the 1XG chart that is everywhere for sale will not work. My software number on the Display Unit Test page is 195002301.05.
I have not attempted any updates yet. Looking for some guidance.
Questions:
1) How can I tell exactly what system I have? I've narrowed it down to either an 1824C or a 1920C.
The boat is equipped with radar, GPS, and Fishfinder that I can find so far.

2) The chart card that is in it now is SD/1G905XL3.
I've tried to find a chart for SE (will plan to go to Bahamas also), but the only chart I can find is the one mentioned above (1XG - all US). I'm thinking if I can, I'd like to change the software to Jeppesen/C-Map now, before I buy new charts.

3) All the antennae above the T-top are mounted on a raised assembly. I'm trailering the boat and height clearance while on the road is a problem (have to unbolt it lay it down, then reassemble every time). Will there be any issues if I just mount all these items flush to the T-Top?

Thanks in advance!
Steve
ibldrc

Postby Johnny Electron » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:40 am

Steve,
Your unit model number will be based on what radar is connected to it.
Is your radar scanner a dome or open array? How much KW is it?

If you plan to keep your machine programmed for Navionics charts, the chip you want is MSD/16XG-3 (USA East including Bahamas). Your unit will need to be updated or converted to C-map regardless. Your software (v1.05 Navionics) is very old and dates back to 2005. Most users use C-map programming/Charts with this platform. As old as your unit is, you might consider having the service center or Furuno dealer conduct an internal battery replacement when it is updated or converted.

There are many folks who mount their radars direct to a T top. You just want to make sure when mounted it will not be getting any radar reflections from any of the other mounted devices/lights and forward enough to clear the top with your radar signal.
Johnny Electron
Johnny Electron

Postby ibldrc » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:17 pm

Radar is RSB-0094.

Updated or converted....
Update would be ... leaving the system in the boat and software updates, and converted would be to remove and ship out, correct? I was hoping not to take anything apart. Will the update need to be stepped due to the age of the current file? If so, will you need to send it to me as I've seen on the forum?
If I do convert it, what part of the system needs removal?
Is there anyone in the Savannah, GA area that can convert the system without removing it from the boat?
Thanks,
steve
ibldrc

Postby Johnny Electron » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:12 pm

You will have to step upgrade the unit no matter what because your software is so old.
You can upgrade to Navionics 4.01 or convert to C-Map 4.03 at the boat if you wish.
If have the computer skills and a blank 1 or 2 GB SD card, you can do it yourself or pay a local dealer to stop by the boat. MacKay Marine has an office in Savannah and I am sure they would take on the job.

The unit would have to come out of the boat for a battery change.

Your unit is a 2.2KW dome. The model number for the radar is currently the 1824C. If you convert to C-Map the model number changes to the 1824C/NT.
Johnny Electron
Johnny Electron

Postby captain105 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:07 pm

lost the bookmark and can no longer find it at the Furuno site, where can I find the update history for this site?
captain105

Postby Melville » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:33 am

Here you go captain105
Attachments
NavNet VX2 Software History.pdf
(182.68 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
Melville
Furuno USA
Melville

Postby BobJack » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:07 am

My serial prefix is 4324-8682 so, is it the LED or the CCFL. Due to the age I'm thinking CCFL??? Just wan to be sure since it isn't on the IMPORTANT-PLEASE READ BEFORE UPDATING list.

Thanks
BobJack

Postby Johnny Electron » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:57 am

That unit is a Black box processor so it is neither a CCFL or an LED because it has no monitor (except the one you choose to attach). Make sure you go under the Black box unit to get your software and not the 10.4" unit. Here is a direct link to the product.
http://www.furunousa.com/Products/Produ ... t+Plotters
Johnny Electron
Johnny Electron

Step update Re: Another VX2 Software Update Question

Postby jwavalk » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Just read about the update issues. I recently bought a boat which has a rpu 015 black box (version 195002603.01,03), gd1920 (version 195002403.01,04) and a 1732 (version 195002803.01,03) all wired up through a hub in combination with an sc50. The gd1920 won't get a gps fix and I was advised to update all the navnet devices. Can you help me to get the software to step update?
jwavalk

PreviousNext

Return to NavNet vx2 & NavNet 1