VX2 - faulty card reader

A

Aussiejo

Hello and thanks for reading.

I have a VX2 plotter (2009 model) i recently upgraded however fairly certain the card reader is toast, and i cant recover my waypoint (too many to manually write out)

Have tried as small as a 256kb card just in case VX2 Didnt like the multi GB cards we have these days - still no dice.

Assuming i need to transfer waypoints some other way (i.e. cable) can some kind soul pls walk me through what i will need and steps on how to do it.

Decades of accumulated knowledge on that unit and really want to backup safe and sound.

Thanks in advance.

JW

If you have another working NavNet, you can copy the points over the network. You would go to the unit receiving the points. Menu - system config - Data transfer - receive data via network. Select the unit that has the points and turn on the items you wish to transfer; lastly hit the RCV button to pull the points to the secondary unit. If you don't have another unit with a working card reader, I would recommend talking to your dealer. I am sure for a service fee, they would pull the data out with one of their units and save it on a card.

Back