Navnet 3D

Dmars

I am a struggling Newbie here with Furuno stuff. I just purchased a boat with all Furuno stuff. I am used to Simrad and trying to get up to speed.
About 2010 vintage navnet3d MFD12, navpilot 500, DRS2D radar, DFF1. I had to update the MFD to the current software update. I did both in sequence and it seemed to work fine and shows the right software now.I did the recommended hard reset and in the setup wizard I didn't know any of the settings to put in so I just did what I thought and hit next. Now the compass icon has an X thru it and I cant figure out why. Also, there was a ton of maps on it and most stayed but the critical vector map I need of Vancouver Island is gone. How can I get it back? I took a picture of all the maps I had before I did it. Everything worked really well before I did the updates. Everything doesn't seem right now. I think I may need someone to walk me thru the setup procedure.
Thanks in advance!

Dennis

Actually I made an error in last post. NavPilot 511 and 500 heading sensor I believe. Thanks

If the compass gets it powered from the pilot (depends on how they wired it) then your pilot will need to be turned On when you run the setup wizard so that heading can be detected and selected as your primary heading source.

thanks Jonny Electron
I tried that but no go. So I called Victor at furuno and gosh he spent probably an hour with me trying to get it figured out. It ended up being heading box wasn’t checked in one of the fields. Also needed to be 4800 baud rate. Anyway that fixed it. However, my maps still don’t work. He tried to help me with them but they just won’t show. I am going to delete them and reinstall to see if that does it. I can’t say enough good about a company that helps their customers like this. Just this one experience is enough to make me a long term Furuno customer. That is all I will buy from now on just because of customer service if nothing else.
Thank you again
Dennis

Glad they could help you out. Be careful when deleting charts from the NN3D. You should only delete two at a time, then leave the menu and come back and do two more. If you delete a bunch of charts all at once, it can corrupt your main catalog file. You must give the machine time to fully process the first deletion before the next. Two at a time has always been a good method. The time of leaving the menu and coming back ensures that you delay long enough not to cause a problem.

Thanks. I just do it in the catalog file correct? Also I am going to install a bbwx3 and need to know which Shakespear antenna to buy. Sra 25,40 or 50?
Thanks again

Menu - Chart - Data catalog,, to delete each you wish to remove.
SRA40 and SRA50 work. I don't know about the 25.

Is it true the SD card can’t be over 2 GB when loading maps? I turn my system on and my maps worked. Then after I am scrolling around looking at them for 10 to 15 minutes they all disappear. I might have bumped 3D button but no matter what I can’t get them back. Turn vector on in both places and scroll around. Zero. Any ideas? They show up fine in catalog

If they show up in the catalog and they are unlocked; they should be view-able.
As long as you have software is 2.07 or better, you can use up to 32GB SD card on the MFD12.

I deleted every map and purchased Vancouver island and another map for Oregon lakes and Oregon coast. They also said currents and tides were included. I now get the map data fine but no currents or tide info. I had this before I did the master reset when I did the software update. Do I not have something turned on right?
Thank you for any help

I got the maps and the tide-current all figured out and working finally. However I just purchased MapMedia C-Map WVJNAM045MAP from American Nautical Services and plugged it in so I would have bottom contour for lakes here in Oregon. The first lake we are going to is Odell lake for a month and there is no detail at all. Am I missing something here? This is a pretty large lake and I just looked at my Navionics chart in another boat and there is lots of detail. Can someone with this Map please look to see if it has any detail? American Nautical tells me they have no way of knowing. I find that strange. Thanks in advance. Dennis

Are you seeing information for some of the bigger lakes? If not I would ensure you have the unit setup for vector, and then check under MENU - CHARTS - Vector tab - to ensure Jeppesen is selected as your chart database. On many of the lake maps, you have to range in very close. If you have detail for some of the larger lakes, then it could be that one is not one surveyed. C-map should be able to tell you if that lake is covered by their MaxLakes. If you still have problems contact tech support and I am sure they can load it and look.

Yes, thank you. I will contact Cmap and ask. I only found a few reservoirs with contour. The ocean shows contour. You would think that once it is surveyed, everyone would have it. Odell lake in Oregon is the one I need and that I show nothing for. It is pretty big too. 5 miles long I think and my Navionics in my other boat (lowrance) shows it good. Thank you again for your help.
Dennis

Back