No GPS after 2.07 update

Dougp

I just updated the software on my MFD12 Ver 2.07 and lost my GP330B GPS. I can see in in the system diagram and in the setup wizard on the N2K tab, but the icon in the top right of screen has the red Cross through it. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the GP330 and it disappeared and reappeared in the system diagram accordingly.

Has anyone had the same issue or got any advice?

Cheers,
Doug

Go back to the installation wizard and select Own Tab.
Under that you will see data source. Check to see if the GP330B is selected.

Hi Melville,

Thank you for your fast response. The data source is under the “Global” tab? I have set the position, date and time to th GP330, still the cross through the icon. I noticed in the N2K PNG list that it was showing the correct time, does this mean the GP330 is actually working?

Cheers,
Doug

You can get enough signal for one satellite and get good time/date but not get position. You need at least three satellites with good signal strength to get a lock. Typically you will have about 8 with good strength. After running the setup, if you click on the GPS icon; what does it show for signal strength?

It takes me to the GPS screen which has no activity at all, pretty much blank. That fact that GPS icon has a cross through it says the MFD is not using it? I am operating the unit in my garage, signal would be very weak,however, I would still expect the cross to disappear and the GPS to try to acquire signal? The GP330 still appears in the system diagram and listed as the date source in the installation wizard.

I am operating the unit in my garage..

That is most likely your problem. GPS needs clear view to the sky. The NN3D will "X" out the item if the data isn't being provided. If it worked before the upgrade, I am sure it works now. I question why you would "Upgrade" to such old software. The NN3D is currently at v2.13.

Thanks Johnny, I will try moving the boat. Btw I have now also gone to v2.13. I will let you know how I go.

Cheers.

Hi Johnny,

I moved my boat outside and the GP330 worked straight away! I feel a little silly now ;) , but I do have a fully updated and functional MFD now. MFD is not picking up my local nav charts now, probably a setting issue after my master reset.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Doug

Glad to hear you got it resolved. No charts are changed in a system upgrade, so it should be a matter of configuration codes and setup to again display your chart. If you run into trouble just give tech support a call from the boat.

Back