MFD12 not connecting to DRS12

D

DueWest31

Hi, I recently purchased a used MFD12 from a reputable Furuno dealer in my area. The unit came with all the cables,dff1 sounder module, hub101 and a Drs 12 Radar. I also purchased from the dealer a transducer and power supply for the radar. After installing unit the MFD12 could not find the radar in the setup wizard but did find it in the connection diagram. I talked to furuno support and they said to disconnect radar from the hub and come straight out of the power box to the MFD12 and that if that didn’t work the cable was probably bad. After doing that still had the same out come of it not connecting to the unit. I talked to the dealer and they said the said the cable was probably bad also and he ordered one at no cost to me! I have now installed the new cable straight from furuno and I’m still getting the same outcome of the unit not finding the radar in the setup wizard but seeing it in the connection diagram. Is there anything else I could test to see if something else is wrong or where do I go from here?

Run the setup wizard and DO NOT hit "SKIP" during the process; then don't Save and exit until you are at the NMEA setup screens. It sounds like you haven't properly built your configuration file. If that doesn't work; then go to MENU - RADAR and pull the radar SOURCE selection down and pick your radar. That should work if your cable and the units are good.

Back