Navnet 3d MFD8 and RSB0095-076 radome compatability??

A

Anonymous

Have a Furuno 1715 Radar combo unit with a RSB0095-076 radome (18.1 Inch Radome with 2.2 kW Transceiver). I want to upgrade my primary chartplotter and am looking at a Navnet 3D MFD8. Will this Radome be compatible?

If no, while in my searches, is there a specific model line cut off this dome will work with?

thanks!!!

imwhitevt-

The 1715 is a stand alone radar and the dome is not compatible with any of our MFDs.
The NN3D system uses our DRS radar sensors. The DRS4D is currently the only dome available for the NavNet 3D. You might want to search for one of our older DRS2D domes as those would work also.

iwhitevt,

Not to beat a Dead Horse on this matter, but the main reason that a RSB0095-076 Dome/Assy is not compatible with a NAVNET3D MFD8, is that the RSB0095-076 is an Analog designed system, where the NAVNET3D (along with most of our newer MFD Systems) is a Digital designed system.

A Digital System provides you with the ability to use one dedicated Radar Antenna, with multiple Multi-Functional Displays in a Network Configuration.

Deep Blue - ;)