Multiple Chart files on one SD card

Simonsez

I need to update my charts, there are multiple charts I need to do, can i put them all on the same SD card and choose each individual file at the MFD? Better yet, will it install all the files one after the other?
Thank You

Yes, you can put them on the same card as long as they fit.

Yes, it will load them all from the chip into the machine as long as you have available free space in the MFD.

No, you can't select which ones it loads. It reads the chip and will load all charts which it doesn't already have an exact matches already loaded. Beware though if you have an old version of a map, the last digit(s) will be different and you could have both an old and new chart loaded for the same area. This would waste storage space and possibly cause problems.

I also want to caution you when you go to delete unnecessary charts. Do not get to delete happy. Delete no more than two charts and then leave the menu, and then if needed go back and delete two more. Leaving the menu for a second allows the deletions to properly be updated to the master catalog file. If you delete too many, too quickly, you can crash the machine and possibly corrupt your software requiring a service visit.

Back