Own Ship AIS symbol

aquabelle

Furuno Super Fan
Is there a setting on an MFD12 that would allow one's own vessel's AIS symbol to display? While I wouldn't want to leave this on when cruising, it would be useful when installing/testing the transponder.

Good morning aquabelle,

Thank you for your inquiry. What AIS unit do you have connected to the MFD12? Is it a Furuno AIS Transponder?

good morning aquabelle,

I am not familiar with setting that would allow your MFD12 to show your own vessel on the display for testing.

c-bass

No it isn't possible to transmit your position and receive it back on the same antenna at the same split second in time. It is not a function of the FA50.

Actually Johnny "same antenna" is not my setup. My standalone transponder is configured for Transmit Only and it has a dedicated AIS antenna. . I have an independent Rx via a Standard Horizon 2150 VHF radio which is connected to the MFD12. It has a dedicated VHF antenna.

my reply was to rsnini concerning his FA50.
I can not speak about how your units would behave. I recommend you contact that manufacturer.

We had our SH GX2150 connected to our NN3D and when we added a transponder, our own ship showed up on the NN3D. I had to disconnect the 2150 and connect the transponder instead for this to go away. Apparently, the 2150 does not prevent own ship data from being transmitted on the nmea port, while our transponder does.

Mark

Back