DRS4D not working

A

Anonymous

I'm hoping someone can help shed some light on a problem that we have where the radar is not being seen on the system, therefore showing us at position Latitude = 0.00 Longitude = 0.00 all the time.

Before i start here is a list the furuno components installed on the boat:
Display - MFD12
Radar - DRS4D
Heading - PG500
Fishfinder - DFF1
Network - Hub101

So the radar just stopped working out of nowhere and i can't pick it up on the system anymore, I have checked and triple checked all the connections and fuses and they're all good. The radar is getting voltage but no matter how many times i go through the installation wizard i can't see it there. Any help or advise on this matter will be greatly appreciated as i am hoping that i'm just missing something obvious

Sorry I missed that, it has a gp330b that is wired via the radar.
Thanks

Haz8778,

When the MFD12 has booted properly, look at the top right of the screen. You will see a series of Icon's, do you get a red X on the radar icon below?

Radar Red X.JPG

Please let us know, also please hit the menu button and verify that you have a Radar Tab? Please verify that the Radar source is set to DRS4D.

If you do not see the radar tab or the radar source is grey, please contact our Tech Support line.

Hi C-Bass,

Yes I do get red X through the radar icon, the MFD12 doesn't even see the radar when I go through the installation wizard so I can't even select the DRS4D as the radar source.

Is there a tech support line for Canada by any chance?

Thanks

Good morning Haz8778,

Thank you for the clarification. Tech support for North America is in the states. However, if you can't see the radar during the countdown when you go into the installation Wizard they will not be able to help you much. If you feel comfortable running a couple test you could start with the following things. We need to make sure the radar is getting 48VDC from the MFD12, you will have to take the top cover off the radar and use a multi-meter to check that the radar is getting 48VDC. The MFD12 has to be on in order to supply the radar with 48VDC If the radar is getting 48VDC then you might have a problem with the Signal Cable(Ethernet side of the Siamese cable) or the SPU board in the radar. If you have a long Ethernet cable you can by-pass the existing RJ45 that is terminated in the radar dome, run the new cable temporarily and plug it into the Hub or the MFD12 and re-run the installation wizard. You should see the radar during the countdown. If you do see the radar during the countdown then you have a short in the radar Ethernet cable. Sometimes all it takes is to re-crimp the existing rj45 connectors. If you do not see the radar during the countdown then you may have a bad SPU Board. At this stage it would probably be best to get an authorized dealer involved to further trouble shoot the cause.

Kind Regards,

Thanks for the info, I will test these out one evening this week and get back to you.

Thanks again

Hi C-bas,

So it looks like I'll have to get in touch with an authorised dealer as I done the tests that you mentioned and unfortunately there was no luck with the Ethernet cable and I'm getting 51.6VDC at the radar so everything seems to be working there.

Thanks

Back