Adding sonar to my NavNet3d 3.2

A

Anonymous

I would like to add sonar to my NavNet 3.2 in my 2013 Jupiter 26FS. Ideally, I would like to replace my existing transducer and not add a thru hull, but I also want it to work properly. Most common use will be in about 100ft, nothing too serious. Can someone recommend a possible configuration. Thanks

You didn't say what your existing transducer model is; so a close replacement can be suggested. Overall, I would suggest the DFF1 with a good 600watt transducer.

Thanks, would the FURUNO 525STID-PWD be adequate, it is 600W.

If I already have Furuno radar on the chartplotter, will I need to order a Hub or Junction Box? Would it be the HUB101or FI5002? Thanks

The Hub101 is for Ethernet and the FI5002 is a NMEA N2K connection. The DFF1 is a network (Ethernet) device so you will need the Hub101.

For the additional $100, would I be better with a 525T-LTD/20 than the 525STID ducer? Installation, will work either way. Thanks

With a marginal price difference and enough space on my boat, should I opt for the 525T-LTD/20 over the 525STID-PWD ducer? Sorry, I left out the PWD Thanks

The transom mount will be fine for your needs and should be an easier install.
I doubt you would see a difference between them.

Back