MFDBB screen flickering after upgrade to 2.11

A

Anonymous

Found time to update my MFDBB (navnet 3D) from 2.07 to 2.11

See topic viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3195

The upgrade went according to the instructions and the system seems to be working fine except one little glitch.

During boot time, when the NavNet-over-clouds image is shown the picture flashes - like bad sync. Previous pictures (blue background, white background) and operation is fine.

I've tried to attach a video file but is not accepted, so here is a temp link to the file:
http://expirebox.com/download/8eadc57c9 ... 7f146.html

There was no such problem with 2.07

The video flash is normal during the boot up process as the unit switches modes from the boot loader to the main software programing.

Thanks for the reply.
I did not had this flashing problem with the older firmware versions. The flashing lasts for about 30 seconds.
Since the setup seems to be working fine I will leave it as it is.

30 seconds..nope that isn't the normal boot-up flash.
It sounds like you have a problem with your video losing sync. I would look at your cables/video amps/and displays. Something isn't correct if you get 30 seconds of flashing.

Is it possible to re-do the upgrade? Just in case something went wrong?
The flashing starts right when the clouds appear and ends when the aknowledge message comes up.
At some point I see a "DOS" window comming up at the left hand part of the screen. This is a black window with frame. Looks like a terminal / console window. It lasts about a second or so but due to flashing is not possible to see if something is written in it.

During use there is no problem. Other boot up logos are fine.

I have performed the update one more time.
Same behaviour: During boot I have a distorted picture while the clouds are shown.
Every other time all is great.
It could be a coincidence but this problem was not shown during the initial configuration boot. This problem started after the "do you make auth file” boot.
The update went ok, then it booted without this behaviour, then it asks to make the auth file and from then on I have this.
It’s like the monitor is not syncing during this time.
For now I would leave it as is as I see no method to change this behaviour.

It sounds like the monitor is not liking the resolution. Have you ensured to pick the correct resolution in the setup wizard. Do not leave it on auto.

Back