Install newly repaired unit& lost all waypoints on both uni?

A

Anonymous

I posted earlier about startup issues and going into install wizard, etc. I had my local authorized furuno guys take a look, hard drive was bad, they sent it in and it was repaired and shipped back.

I have a dual navnet 3d setup, the one that went bad was the slave. The master was fully working fine by itself, sounder, radar, gps antenna and XM, all hooked up straight to it and working fine. Last fishing trip I did we ran a new pass, so I hard saved the active track.

This weekend I took the newly repaired screen. Put it back into the cutout and hooked plugged in the power cord and the Ethernet cord. Turned on battery switches then pressed power on the master unit. Both screens came on and started boot up, pretty quickly I got an error message about IP conflict on both screens. At this point I realized, "*!&$ i should have not plugged in that network cord until i turned the newly repaired on one and set it to slave"

So, they both eventually boot up and then nothing works on either screen, no radar, no sounder and i have lost all my waypoints on both screens. i went into install wizard, set the newly repaired screen to slave, turned everything off and turned it back on again.

When they came back on, things seemed to go better but still not great. Where I stand now is that the master screen is back to working fine, detects and can run the sounder and radar. My hard saved track from last trip shows up, but all my way points are still gone. The newly repaired slave has nothing though, no radar no sounder, no waypoints.

Anyway, i went through all of that in hopes that someone can help me get this working and maybe that my waypoints arent all really gone??

Certianly i realize now that I should have posted or called first to get a walkthrough of how I should go about running the newly repaired screen for the first time before I caused all of this and just plugging it in and expecting things to work was naive.

Thank you very much for any help.

Your case might be better served via an official support case but if you unit went to the Furuno service center for repair, many times the backup settings and info from the unit during the repair process. You might contact them directly and see if they might have something saved that can be helpful.

Back