Issues after update - No Maps and losing saved settings

A

Anonymous

I have a boat that is new to me that has twin 12' Navnet 3d setups, along with radar, sounder, autopilot sirius bbwx2 and navpilot 511.

About a month ago I applied the most recent software update to both screens. After doing so, every time I turned on the boat I got a message on each screen saying "invaid system id you will only have access to your charts for another X amount of launches" - Everything seemed to work fine other wise. I got to the end of the allowed launches and on one screen the message went away and everything works fine but on the other screen I have a list of issues now.

I have no maps whatsoever, just blank screen, no base map of any sort and it doesn't matter which chart i set it to. Also, every time I turn off the screen, it brings me back into the installation wizard and every time i turn off the battery switches, it erases everything I set in the installation wizard. My sonar and radar are initially not recognized if i skip the wizard. Things like the navpilot therefore dont work as I get errors saying 'no heading data" - I have to go into the NMEA 0183 settings and recheck boxes to get it to send the proper outputs every time I turn on the boat. Also, the names of each of those boxes are not self explanatory, so I am unsure if I am selected the right options or not, just have to go by trial and error, takes forever.

I would greatly appreciate any help with this.

Thank you,
Paul

It sounds like both your problems are related. The newer NavNet systems require a System ID for your purchased (licensed) charts to work. We have many postings on the subject. It sounds like when the units were upgraded, the wrong unit was selected as master. Once charts have been purchased you must continue using the same unit as your "master". If you switch a different unit to be master the system ID will change and your unlock codes will no longer match. The units give you 30 power cycles to correct this or it will stop allowing you to few the purchased charts until you prove legal ownership. If you move your master setting back to it's original location, everything should be the way it worked before.

Back