Slow start up

GUNNIN

Seems to take a couple of minutes, is this normal?

Could it be too many chart files?

there's about 30 loaded at the moment.

The NN3D runs from solid state memory and the start up process takes a little bit. It does many functions and the software extensive. Once started; the unit runs very well. The amount of maps loaded (none to max) makes little to no difference. If this is a black box unit, the software can run slower than normal after starting if it is improperly upgraded with the master setting set. (would require a factory clear to fix)

Thanks Johnny

black box?
I have;
Navnet 3D MFD12
DRS4D
DFF1
GPS320B
Hub 101
Im using this unit in Australia but as it was purchased in usa is loaded with usa files. I had to delete some to fit a few OZ files in.

I was thinking about deleting all not needed for downunder, is this a good idea and can I move them to the SD card and save onto another device so they are not gone forever?

The USA NOAA raster and vector charts are free of charge. The most current up-to-date versions are posted on our website for free download. While you cannot save the charts in the MFD to an SD card you can download these charts at a later date to an SD card and load them back into the MFD. This way you free up space and when needed you will have the most current versions available.

As Melville said.

I would add that when deleting charts to only delete two charts and leave the menu; re-enter the menu and delete two more, then repeat until done. This prevents you from deleting charts faster than the unit can delete and update the chart catalog. If you delete too many too fast it WILL crash the unit and you might corrupt the software.

Johnny Electron":1ueu3ls7 said:
As Melville said.

I would add that when deleting charts to only delete two charts and leave the menu; re-enter the menu and delete two more, then repeat until done. This prevents you from deleting charts faster than the unit can delete and update the chart catalog. If you delete too many too fast it WILL crash the unit and you might corrupt the software.
hmm, I think this may have already happened, a few months back I had to delete at least 5 files to fit my new OZ charts in, I remember a bit of a crash or lockup, sumtin like that. But seemed to recover and all was well. Hope there's not some corruption there that I haven't noticed yet...

No, you should be fine.
Just don't do it anymore. It will end up showing zero charts and then you know you have corrupted the catalog file.

Back