FA150 on NN3D

Nick

Furuno Super Fan
Yacht owner would like to connect the AIS Class A on NN3D system already installed. So FA150 is the only Furuno choice I suppose. I would like to know whether it is possible to buy only the transponder FA1505 without MKD (FA1502). If it is possible I`m not seeing the way how to be able to do initialization, port configuration and in the end how entere the static data of the ship. I see that the transponder can be connected to NN3D system in two or three ways. Over HS NMEA0183 port, via the LAN port (requires optional LAN kit 005-956-020) or via NMEA 0183 / NMEA 2000 converter. Installation here will be the easiest via the LAN port, and I suppose that would be needed just to connect transponder to the hub, but still can not understand how AIS configured separately without FA1502? Please clarify this for me if possible. :huh

Thanks Nick

Good morning Nick,

The FA150 MKD (FA1502) is required for operation of the FA150 Class A AIS system. As you mentioned there is no way to properly configure the FA150 without the MKD. You could purchase the FA150 without the FA1502 but it would not work properly.

Back