3D DSC with M604A

M

Mplradio

Had anyone had success using the Icom M504/504A/604/604A radios to put a DSC target on a NavNet 3D? Their brochure says the radio outputs DSC and DSE but we've watched the raw NMEA data coming from the radio and see only the DSC.

We have to make this work. Any info on any radio that anyone has successfully used to get DSC targets on the 3D would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like your not the only one trying to get some model radios to put out the proper DSE sentence..

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/arc ... 45109.html

I know we have several folks on the forum using DSC successfully with the VX2, NN3D and the TZT. With luck, they will be able to point you in the right direction. Once the unit receives both DSC and DSE, it should start working for you. DSC sentence by itself is not good enough. Maybe Icom can explain why the product it isn't providing the DSE information.

JE, I've sent them a detailed message asking that they positively confirm their radios put out DSE. No reply yet.

I was sent a couple of screenshots that showed DSE when an m604a did a position request from an M92 handheld with internal GPS.

We've done the same thing with two radios being fed NMEA data but no joy yet.

Back