White Lines on Chartplotter Screen (spokes)

A

Anonymous

I have a Navnet 3D screen that has multiple white lines which originate at my home dock location and spoke out in different directions. Thought they might be track lines but they did not go away when I erased all tracks. I've attempted to attach a screen shot to illustrate what is happening. Strange thing is, once we leave this area, no more spokes on the screen. However, they are still there when we return.

If not tracks, then it sounds like something that might be on the chart. Try changing to a different chart type and see if they are still there. You might also try ensuring all overlay data is turned off like Sat photo, Sirius weather etc..

Thanks for the reply Johnnie. Went to the boat and verified all overlays are off. We don't have sat weather or photo options, yet. Just radar and sounder inputs at present. Tried to upload a photo but was not successful. To my knowledge, there is no way the plotter can directly over write data on the chart chip that would appear as a track line on the plotter screen or is there?
What do you mean by trying a different chart type? Brand? Raster vs vector?

Thanks for your assistance.

Don-
There should be no "chip" in your NN3D display. All charts are loaded onto the internal hard drive. Try switching the chart selection on the RotoKey from raster to vector and see if the lines remain.

Back