Connecting B&G Hydra 2000 to NN3D or through a multiplexer

A

Anonymous

Anyone ever connected their B&G, I have Hydra 2000, to their NN3D or through a mulitplexer? I have Actisense NDC-2-B.

Any clarity is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Johnny,

But, what about connecting B&G Hydra 2000 to NN3D? when I got into this wiring nightmare, the NN3D was reading gibberish from B&G. It was routed through actisense NDC 2B. The B&G FFD (full function display is reading info just fine), so it's not the B&G processor output. Is there a way to connect B&G to NN3d through the Data @ cable, port two or three?

You're awesome Johnny, worth your weight in gold.

Hi
We got B&G Hydra 2000 wind info on our NN3D plotter. Unfortunately I´m not able to tell you how it is wired, since this was done by the previous owner and i´m not familiar with the details of this, but yes i can confirm it´s possible to show Hydra 2000 info on a NN3D plotter.

I´ve found this info on Furunousa web site:
Does MFD have a capability to convert NMEA2000<-->NMEA0183?
The NMEA0183 sentences and NMEA2000 PGNs that are used and accepted in
the system can be converted and output with either/both NMEA0183/NMEA2000
format (except for the engine data that is input only). Note that only one type of
data can be output at a time (one position, one depth, one heading…).

Ok Gyda, thank you. Ok, now how does that work. I need Sea Water Temperature to come through...the NN3D seems to be reading good output sentences from B&G but I'm not seeing STW (or SWT, whatever). how do I find this?

I went into Installation Wizard and checked "Sea Temperature" as the only input in Port 1; which is DATA 1 cable port I believe. Am I missing something?

STW is speed through water.
You want SST, sea surface temperature.

Okay, SST, but I still need to know how to get it on the NN3D. I've got my B&G hooked, giving clear sentences. I clicked Sea Temperature on the Input side in Port 1. I also clicked Port 1 sensor the Sounder folder instead of DFF1 (We thinnk our DFF1 SSt is faulty).

What next to look for or do?

Does your transducer attached to the DFF1 include a thermistor? They can eventually go bad.
If you are listening to the Hydra does it have an MTW output?

Any luck so far?
If not, have you checked that the data box in the screen on the NN3D is set to display SST?

Back