How many c-map cards needed?

A

Anonymous

If you have two NavNet 3D units, do you need to buy 2 c-map cards or can you just buy 1 c map card and download it on both units. Do I need the second card for the Radar overlay?

Gsx girl-
NavNet 3D does not operate with charts on SD cards inserted into the MFD. They are a specific format, (Time Zero) that are loaded onto the hard drive through the SD card slot. (or via a USB drive on the MFDBB) An unlock code is then inserted to used to enable viewing of the chart.

Here is a link to the document that explains chart management in the 3D system.
http://www.furunousa.com/ProductDocumen ... e%20V3.pdf

Would I have to pay for this code twice then in the situation I explained above?

No, not if the 2 MFDs are connected in a system. One unit will be the master and determines the System ID. All other MFDs in the network will be considered slaves and the unlock code issued using the master's system ID will allow the unlock for the charts in the slave units. They do have to get loaded into each MFD though.

If they are not connected together as a network system then a separate purchase would be required.

Your system ID can be found by going to the My NavNet portion of the menu on the master unit. It is not on any SD card.

Back