MFD8/12 after 2.11 upgrade says my "system not available"

A

Anonymous

I just ran the 2.11 upgrade and now both of my units both say, on the rotokey/agree notice at startup, "your system ID (blahblah) is not available, but you will have it for 29 more launches"

What does this mean and how do I get my system to work without a countdown? I installed, started both, used the installation wizard, imported my user data (previously saved) and now I only have 26 more launches.

HELP! :huh

Now, despite the clear statement that my charts will not be changed, I can't get the vector charts to come up or the chart display window when choosing chart catalogs. What the hell is going on here?

All I wanted to do was upgrade the software. Now, I only have 22 launches left, no charts in vector, no clear instructions.

I need help to fix what was supposed to be a simple fix: upload the software, turn it on, go.

:angry

I understand running into problems during/after software upgrade can be frustrating and I apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered. We offer free technical support. If you need immediate help, it is best to call into our Tech support while at the unit or contact your authorized Furuno dealer. Furuno USA also offers tech support via our official support system by going to our web site (http://www.FurunoUSA.com – SUPPORT – ASK Furuno a Question). The Forum is more of a "user helping user, site" which we moderate and attempt to provide assistance. Due to limited resources, I do not recommend posting your urgent/immediate needs here especially if the main Tech support is open and available. You can reach us via phone M-F from 8am to 5pm EST/PST at the following numbers:
East Coast 410-479-4420
West Coast 360-834-9300
Due to the time difference between the two offices we offer support for 12 hours daily, during the week. The award winning support team would gladly assist you.

Based on your posting, it sounds like you have two pending issues. The first is that your chart is not showing. This is because the reprogramming process clears all data and settings. By default, the vector chart type being selected is the USA NOAA vector. If you have purchased a C-Map Vector or Navionics Vector chart, you must ensure that the correct chart type is selected in your user settings (MENU – CHART icon – VECTOR tab – Chart type (select Navionics or Jeppesen as needed to choose the purchased chart type).

The notice you received about power cycles is based the chart license system. The system is telling you that your System ID does not match the unlock codes for the charts. Typically this happens when someone sets the wrong unit as the master of the system. Prior to the upgrade, your boat had one unit setup as the master. This master unit establishes a system ID that is used by the entire NN3D system. This unique system id is generated by that master and that is also used when they cut any licenses for charts you purchase. If you mistakenly setup a different unit on your network as master, then the system ID generated by that new/other display will be different and your map licenses no longer match. This isn’t a problem because the system will still let you use the charts for 30 power cycles allowing you time to resolve the issue. Reprogramming does not delete any maps. They are still there and viewable (as long as you properly select them). After 30 power cycles, if you haven’t corrected the problem then it will stop letting you use the charts until the license problem is settled. In short, I think you have setup one of your slave displays as the master unit by mistake. You never want to have two masters, so to fix the issue you would want to turn off the master setting on this incorrect unit before turning it on in the original master.

Both of the issues should quickly resolve themselves if you can use your user setup/waypoint backup that you would have done prior to upgrading. Just make sure to restore the correct backup to the correct unit. If you failed to backup your settings/information prior, then correcting the items as I described above should still resolve the issues at hand. Again, if you find yourself in need of help quickly; please give our direct channels a try. I think you will find our tech support personnel very understanding and helpful.

Back