MFD8/MFD12 software update issues

A

Anonymous

Um, how do I update my navnet 3d mfd8/12 if I can't login to MyNavNet?

Seriously, I've tried logging in on three different computers, 2 macs and a pc. I get all the way through to hit the "finish" button and it says, "an error occurred. please operate it once again."

I've tried three times each, double checked all the information, filled out all the red asterisk boxes, still, nothing.

Now, really, how do I fix the problem if the system doesn't tell me the problem? Riddle me that. This Furuno web nonsense is really frustrating and annoying. Three separate logins: MyFuruno, MyNavNet, and the Furuno Forum page? I have to go to three separate websites to just. simply. update. the. software. on. my. Furuno. system.

Someone, anyone, please help to straighten this out. Is it possible? Because the website engineers who designed all this are either: incompetent, apathetic or malicious. Possibly both. :angry

Thank you Melville, I appreciate it. See how easy that was? I went all over the websites looking, clicked the links in the PDF User instructions, followed the generic links in user manuals, clicked "software" tabs, "product" tabs and all I ever found was downloadable PDF user manuals etc. Even in the search box, typing in "Software" or "MFD8 software update" or any version of the same, never took me to a link or page that had downloadable software, just manuals.

So, my question is...why is it so hard to find? It's byzantine. And, lest we forget, what's the problem with signing in to Navnet? Also, there is no option for Bermuda in the select country box. So, my Bermudian ship had to be listed as USA; assuming I can register at all.

I invite you to address these issues. It's 2015, web design is a professional industry with many brilliant designers who wallow in efficiency and ease of use. Fire your team and hire a new one. Because, as a customer and user of your products, I am NOT impressed. And, I am NOT happy. This whole system is shameful for a tech company.

But, all that being said, thank you for your prompt reply and succinct answer. They need to keep you.

While we are on the subject of software update, I have a question. While at the Seattle Boat Show in January one of the Furuno techs from Camas showed me the changelog for v2.12 and said it was out, and yet the above link still shows v2.11. Any comment on the availability of v2.12?

Greg

CarinaPDX
2.12 is available to customers who are adding the BBWX3 weather unit. (Basically little change over 2.11 other than adding support for the BBWX3). We still recommend 2.11 as the primary version, unless you own the BBWX3. (Every BBWX3 ships with update software) There will be a newer main stream version released this spring, early summer.

I Purchased the xm reciever and no software was in the package (if i understand you correctly). I cannot find where to download the 2.12 software ?

It needs to be the Furuno receiver,but yes you can contact tech support by official support case or by phone to get a download link.

Back