MFD-8

A

Anonymous

Hi, can you use the BBF1 fish finder with a MFD-8 via hub or does it require the dff1 as a fish finder. I have a nn system now and want to add a stand alone monitor in the cockpit area, I am thinking of going with the mfd 8, with upgrading rest of system in the future. Any help is appreciated, Regards.

The older BBFF1 analog network sounder will work fine with the NN3D (your MFD8) but can not work with the TZT or TZT2 systems.

Hi, could you tell me the transducers that are compatible with the mdf 8. Thanks

The MFD8 itself has no sounder, the transducer will be based on the sounder unit being used. If you check under the sounder model number on our web site you will find all recommend compatible transducers under Accessories - Transducers.

Hi, can the NN system and the MFD8 use the same sounder[BBF1 or DFF!],using Hub 101. Will the 2 systems display sounder information at same time[Transducer 525 ST-MSD]
Would you have to have a seperate antenna [GPS 320B] hooked to the MFD8 in order to receive chart information?
To power the BBF1 Or DFF1, you would turn on the RPD139 unit?
Finally, which would be a better choice if purchasing a new antenna, the 320B or 330B.
Thanks

NavNet 1 or vx2 cannot be combined in a system with NN3D. (MFD8)
Your sounder will need to be connected to one or the other, not both.

If you are connecting the GPS to the RDP139 use the GP320B> If it is for the MFD8 either would work. Which would be easiest depends on what have configured in the system.

Thanks, if connecting the gp330b direct to a mfd 8 with nema 2k are you required to power the 2k through data port 2 or will the gp330 b be powered by the mfd8, this would be a stand a lone install with gps, dff1 and mfd8.
Thanks again, regards.

NMEA 2000 is a bus network system. You can NOT connect two NMEA 2000 items directly together. You need a proper bus. (power with two terminations) You will also find that the MFD8 and the GP330B cable both have male connectors. They will not go together. They are both designed to connect to a NMEA 2000 bus.

Here are some drawing examples of how you can connect the GP330B via NMEA 2000.
http://furunousa.com/ProductDocuments/G ... agrams.pdf

Back