3D interface with RD 33

G

gtrfred

I have my RD 33 linked through a NMEA 2000 backbone. When I first start up the system, it connects and shares data, such as depth,water temp. As the day goes along, I lose the temp and depth information.

I still get COG and position.

I tried restarting the RD 33 and the problem continues. The information source inside the RD 33 shows as the CAN BUS. The RD 33 shows up as part of my system on the Navnet 3d while the problem is occurring.

This happened to me once before. I then used the system again and the problem went away. Now this is the second time where I lose the data sharing during the day.

Any thoughts on where to look?

Presumably depth & temp are coming from the one transducer. ...I'd wonder if that was failing after several hours of continuous use rather than assuming a RD33 problem

I dont believe that is the case. The Ducer is connected to the DFF-1 and then to the NN3D. It continues to have depth and temp the entire time. The RD33 gets the information from the NMEA 2000 backbone.

Do you have two sources of depth, like a DST and the DFF1? It could be that your DST loses depth as you go deep beyond its capabilities. The NN3D will auto switch when the depth is lost and start using the other source. The RD33 will only have access to the DST unless you have provided the proper PGN from your NN3D. The RD33 doesn't have direct access to the Ethernet like the NN3D does.

No, I only have a single source of depth and temp. Its all from the one transducer B258. It seems to work in the morning and then doesnt work by the afternoon. All the connections are tight, so I dont think its because of bumping around.

With it coming from the sounder and the NN3D still showing it; it is related to something with your NMEA 2000 bus or the RD33 itself. When the problem happens, go to the RD33 [Menu - - I/O setup - Canbus Devices] and see what it shows. You should see the other NMEA 2000 units like your NN3D listed. If you see nothing, either you have a bus problem or an RD33 issue.

Back