FROZEN NAVNET 3D SCREEN

M

mark roach

Hi
My navnet 3d screen comes on as blue but freezes at that point.
so the blue band that normally runs across the bottom never comes up and the unit screen does not change from the blue.
The second unit comes up and works fine.
Can anyone help with what may be the cause?
Mark

I would start by removing everything from the MFD other than the power cord (including any cards in the SD card slot) and then try it. If it still doesn't boot up; then try reprogramming it. If that doesn't work it needs to be evaluated for repair. If it boots without items connected, add one thing at a time until you find out what is keeping it from working.

I had a similar problem, it would get to the splash screen but never boot past the progress bar completing. I sent it in and it needed a new hard drive, a little over 600.00 :(

Typically a hard drive failure will result in the unit always entering the setup wizard on boot-up. It wont hold a master setting and will keep only booting to the wizard. The operating system resides in solid state memory, not the hard drive. The hard drive holds the charts and all the user settings. Other items can cause the unit not to fully boot, for example if you have MaxSea/Nobeltec connected and running before bring up the NN3D. (always wait until the NN3D is up before running any PC software) I would take the troubleshooting one step at a time. As with anything, cut it down to it's simplest form and then try it before adding in any complexities.

Back