Sounder compatibility plus MU155c question

Zephyros

I've just uninstalled a navnet VX2 system and are fitting a used NN3D system to my Nordhavn 43.
It currently has a ETR 6/10N sounder. Is there any way of this working with NN3D.
If not, would the DFF1 be a straight swap?
Also one of my MU155c monitors won't give an image with a DVI signal, but will work with a VGA signal.
Can I use the 2 MU155c monitors with the MFDBB if I connect them with VGA cables and DVI-I to VGA adapters?
Thanks Andrew

Yes, the ETR 6/10N sounder (aka BBFF1) will work with the NN3D.

Ultimately the MFDBB is a DVI-D output (Digital not Analog) so you can not use the adaptors. Although not official supported some early model MFDBBs used a video board that was officially DVI-D but really DVI-I (Integrated/ both Digital and Analog) and some customers successfully used adaptors. If you call into our support with the serial number of the unit we might be able to tell you if its possible.

Thanks Johnny.
Ok- I'll check out the serial number on the MFDBB.

Re the ETR 6/10 sounder- I've plugged it in via the Hub 101 and it comes up as a tab (sounder)on the installation wizard, - but it doesn't seem to be working. Am I doing anything wrong??
Thanks
Andrew

Ensure you do not have power sync switch turned on for the port you connected the sounder. The ETR6/10N doesn't support power sync. Then power up the unit, wait 5 minutes and tell me what the sounder status light is doing. (i.e. On/Off/Flashing very fast/Flashing every two seconds.)

Hi Johnny,
The power light is slow flashing every 2 secs.
Same is happening with the Fax 30.
The sounder screen says 'no connection' but both devices are shown in the connection diagram.
Fax 30 shows as unknown fax.

The LED indication is that the sounder sees the NavNet and the NavNet also sees the sounder if it is showing up in the connection diagram. When you run the wizard, you should NEVER hit "Skip" and then ensure the sounder setting are correct before saving and exiting. Once that is done, go into MENU - SOUNDER and pick your "Sounder Source". Lastly setup a sounder HOT Page so you can see and view the sounder.

Thanks Johnny, - it's now working! Excellent. Can I ask you another thing please - I have now added 2x FI70 displays which are hard wired into a FI5002 junction box with one resistor enabled. This is fed from the NMEA 2000 port on the MFDBB and has a 12v supply.
I have a NMEA 0183 ultrasonic wind sensor which is giving an on-monitor wind reading into a databox. The FI70's will not display wind info though. The wind box is ticked in the NMEA 2000 installation wizard. Can you help? Thanks Andrew.

You named one NMEA 2000 terminator, where is the other? You must have two on a properly build NMEA 2000 network.

When you say "The wind box is ticked in the NMEA 2000 installation wizard" are you talking about under the 0183 port settings where it says "Wind" for the port the sensor connects to? Besides that setting you must have the proper PGNs turned on from the MFDBB to pass that data to the 2000 bus. What are the sentences you have turned on for the NMEA 2000 output? Have you also go into the FI70s and picked your source settings?

Back