If-nmea2k2 install help

buckshot

Furuno Super Fan
I received the Furuno IF-NMEA2K2 yesterday. I have been looking over the manuals for my equiptment. I am connecting a Raymarine 400G course computer to my TZT2 units. My Raymarine manual shows NMEA + and - , in and out. Can you provide me with the simple wire color match from the Furuno 2k2 to these terminals?
The four wires on the 2k2 are
RD-H
RD-C
TD-B
TD-A
to what terminals on the 400G ? +and- ,in and out, do they need to go to?
It looks like the Baud rate is correct already ,so I should not need to cut the jumper wire to change it.

Thanks
Lee

I can only guess you are using the converter to bring heading from the pilot to the NMEA 2000 bus? The reason I ask, the TZT2 offers NMEA 2000 (in and out) and NMEA 0183 output.

Here is the decoder ring for reading the Furuno interconnection diagrams typically at the back of the manual (pg S-1).

TD = Transmit Data
RD = Receive Data
A = +
B = -
H = Hot/High/+
C = Cold/Common/-
SD = Send Data
SG = Signal ground

If you just purchased your converter, it's INPUT wires will be LtBLUE/Yellow (+) and LtBLUE/Green (-). The OUTPUT wires from the converter would be Pink(+) and Pink/Black (-)

I recommend caution when dealing with Raymarine pilots. Many of the old one are not RS422 NMEA but RS232. I have had many not want to communicate with standard NMEA 0183. You might ask RayMarine if this unit is RS422 or RS232. Lucky enough the converter offers both types but they would be different wires. Many of these pilots had control heads with NMEA 0183 connections at the back. Many times that connection worked better than going directly to the processor. Worse case back in the day you would purchase a NMEA 0183 to Ray/Seatalk converter. My understanding is they don't sell those anymore.

Which connections to use on the 400G?
I guess Raymarine would be the best to ask but if the goal is to get heading into the converter; you would take the + out to the Furuno + in and then the neg output to the Furuno neg input.

Back