TZT2 high frequence quit

bradscot311

HF on tzt2 fishfinder quit working .I have 526tid-hdd transducer.Any ideas on how to figure out if its the ducer or txt2 .

Bradscot311,
The sounder in the TZT2 is single channel, meaning it alternates between 50 and 200Khz. If it is still working on 50Khz that tells me that the T/R unit is still alive. Does the 50Khz side still look OK? The first thing I would advise is to go back and default all the sounder settings just to make sure something didn't turned on (or off) by accident. If after this the 50Khz looks OK but you still have nothing on the 200Khz side I would suspect the transducer.

Snips

You might ask around for anyone with another transducer you could use to hang over the edge of the boat for testing. Many dealers also have the new Airmar transducer tester (TDT1000) or other testing devices. They can test the transducer.

the low side works fine .I had bottom paint removed and vc offshore painted .got back on water and then noticed hf not working .Had ducer flush mounted in hull in may last year both frequences worked fine.I did factory reset still not working.i will get a p66 and test it

Back