TZTL12F Software Update and SD card

My system has soft ware version 5.03, but I did not have Rez Boost. Tech support suggested that I reload the software and instruction data sheets off FurunoUSA.com.
I bought a San Disk SDHC micro card in 64 GB and downloaded the soft ware. My system did not recognize the card and would only go to the start up menu.
After many calls to tech support, I decided to buy another card and try the process again. It worked this time with a San Disk SDXC card in 16 GB.
If you have trouble, it maybe the card type.
1- I learned how to do export and import Settings, Points and Tracks to the remote card reader. Very important to stay on top of.
2-I learned how to do a master reset, which is required after loading the new ops system.
3- I had an issue with the tower machine not reading the the network. I had a loose NMEA 2000 connector.
I worked with Clayton, Johnny and a few others in tech support. They all were helpful.

Many thanks
Bob

The transducer is 526TID-HDD or B260 I believe.
2- TZTL12F displays
I have the PG 700 heading sensor.
4DSR-NXT Radar
SDU-001 Remote card reader.
GP 330 B GPS Antenna.
I'm using a Net Gear GS 105 HUB switch.
The NMEA2000 hub is mostly Maretron parts.
NMEA2K2 to send 0183 data to Simrad AP22 and ICOM 602 VHF Radio

The 526TID-HDD (aka B260) does offer all the bells and whistles with the TZTL12F. If you tap the screen while on the sounder screen it should bring up a menu. Sometimes you can't tell but there are more settings on that menu and you have to scroll up to see the others. I bet you will find it there.

I have found that the larger micro SD cards are formatted in a new format. If you download software you can reformat the card to FAT32 which is what is needed for the TZtouch to read the card. Hope this helps anyone else who has the problem.

Big help regarding format of SD cards.
Must be in FAT32 instead of newer exFAT.
Had to download software, format in NTFS then convert to FAT 32 to get update to work.
:jump

Back