Master chart on or off

buckshot

Furuno Super Fan
I have 2 TZT2 units . I have one set to chart master and each unit has a transducer plugged in. I would like to display one with depth in fathoms and loran coordinates. The other would be feet and standard GPS coordinates.
With the master on when I make the settings change to fathoms or Loran it changes both units. Will I have to turn off the master chart selection to do this?
Thanks

Chart master only has to do with your chart licences. It won't help anything to turn that off. If they both are changing, then it must be a global setting that will change with all units on the network.

Changing from one type of position to another is done in the "Units" menu I believe. If it changes on both, it is a global setting and that is that.

I tried again to separate the units and have one show fathoms and the other show feet. I found the data source page and tried changing the source but had no luck. I am not new to marine electronics but I cannot figure out what I am missing. It would be a really big help if Furuno had an Emulator that you could download and practice settings on your laptop at home. I will be at the boat again tomorrow and I will play around some more. Maybe I should hit the default settings and start over.

I do not have Nmea 2k bus set up yet. That wouldn't effect it , right? That wouldn't do much for just the 2 TZT2 units right now right?
I do have a ethernet connected from unit to unit for now I will be adding a hub also with the radar.

You might want to call tech support. What you are attempting appears to be a global setting (where you change one, it changes on all) and it might not be possible.

Or I unplug the ethernet cord. :huh
That would be crazy , there has to be a way. I went to the Data Source page on both units simultaneously, when I changed something on one it automatically changed on the other. I have 2 transducers also, one plugged into each unit. I am not even able to display the appropriate temp, depth from the connected transducer. One of the units will always be pulling it from the other. I didn't even realize it was doing that until today.
I will call tech support tomorrow.

Back