Chart Selection- Multiple Charts

Storyteller

I have a new TZT2 and also bought a cmap fishing chart, FNA-025, The unit shows a preloaded fishing chart MM#-USF-002. I cannot find a way to view one chart and then the other. When I bring up the layers menu, I can choose "Auto", "HO", "Fishing", etc. When I choose "Fishing", it defaults and shows the cmap chart. The "Catalog" option shows available charts, but does not allow selection or default. I assume if I were to buy the Jeppesen Vector chart, VNA-024, I would never be able to see any other vector chart in the unit? I called support and they stated that it was impossible to select a chart and that the unit defaulted to the chart with the highest resolution. Is there any way to see more than one chart of each type?

No, you can not see two chart types at once. You can toggle between types or leave it in auto. Auto will try to determine the best available navigational chart based on your range scale and use it. Typically, auto will never shift to a non-navigational chart like Fishing. if you want the fishing map, you must select it directly.

Sorry, I was not clear. I do not want to display two charts at the same time. I would like to be able to view both of my fishing charts, one at a time. The system only seems to allow one to be viewed and there is no way to designate which one. In my case, the default is the CMAP one that I purchased. I can not find a way to view the one that came with the unit.

It will show the free fishing charts and the C-map fishing charts both without toggling. It is controlled by the range you are at. One shows black lines and the other uses blue. I believe the C-map are in Blue and the MapMedia are black. You can not see both at the exact same time because of how each are rendered. Generally the C-map will be the closer in ranges.

I hate to beat a dead horse here, but I went to the unit and zoomed out on the display. The contour lines remained blue. Not matter what range I chose, they never reverted to black. The chart Info, always reported that I was viewing the CMap bathy chart. I guess that I will assume, that once an upgraded chart is installed, it is not possible to view the pre-loaded charts. Have I missed something? Thanks for your time,
Eddy

If you are in an area covered by the free fishing charts, you should be able to see both. My guess you are looking in an area only covered by the C-map fishing chart. If you call into tech support while in front of your unit; they can take you to an area covered by both and show you what I am talking about.

Thanks, will go back to unit and try a different area. Your tech support people originally told me that the unit selected the chart and it was not possible to choose between 2 fishing charts. One last try and thank you for your time.
Eddy

Back