Cmap Vector Chart and MLPA Cautionary Areas

MarMax

Furuno Super Fan
Here is the info for the chart upgrade which was purchased in January 2018:

Furuno USA Order No: C88255 117583 so 1012064
Reference: WIDEUP Name: WVJNAM024MAP12.1-USA
Filename: SDVJNAM024MAP14.dbv

I've turned the cautionary areas to ON in the menu and I do not see the MLPA areas shown on the map. Previously, with the 2013 version of the same chart I was able to see the MLPA areas.

To be clear to readers, this must have been mixed system or one with a PC having a cross licence agreement because you can NEVER move chart licenses from one system to another without the proper rights to do so. I won't dig into this further but chart licences belong to the system/unit. We don't typically move licenses from system to system. When in doubt please contact technical support.

Yes, C-map had a version where they inadvertently left out the MLPA areas. If you contact tech support they can make arrangements to get you up to the next version which has the MLPA.

Johnny,

I did a System ID replacement for the MFD8 through tech support. This should be an acceptable practice and consistent with license agreements for a unit that is condemned.

The MFD8 will be sent to Furuno in Camas for use as spare parts.

You guys in tech support are the best and I can't thank you enough for all the assistance. Great service and great products!

Back