TZT2 Waypoint sharing or transfer

I have 2 TZT2 units, one at the lower helm that is the master. The other unit is in the tower.
I'm manually entering way points into the lower helm unit. This is a time consuming process that I hope I do not have to repeat on the tower unit.
1- How can I transfer the way point data from the master unit to the tower unit?
2- When I'm fishing off shore, I used the MOB button on the display face to save a point, like a a hookup, sonar mark etc. Is this still possible? I tested the MOB button at the dock and it made an alert with a red button. I also had a hard time erasing the MOP. Can someone explain the process of saving an instant way point off shore that I can rename and save in the way point list?
3- On my old Nav Net 1, when I saved a way point or MOB on the tower unit, the way point data did not save to the lower unit. Is this still the case with the TZT2?

Thank you.
Bob

If your TZT2 units are networked and they can "see" each other then waypoints entered on either machine will be shared with the other. At least that's how mine are working. I didn't need to do anything special to set this up aside from networking them.
As far as creating instant MOB type waypoints, there are a bunch of ways that I know about:
1) tap the sounder display to create an instant point of some good looking bottom or a hookup spot
2) Use your remote (MCU002/04) if you have one - long push the lower left MOB button.
3) Go to the home screen and hit "MOB"
4) Wire in an event switch using the black and orange wires from the multi-cable to store a waypoint when you hit that button.
5) Tap the screen - add a waypoint at that position with "New Waypoint"
6) Use the slide out menu on the right to get current Lat/Lon position then hit the checkmark to create the waypoint there.
etc.

Thank you for the ideas.
1- The two displays are indeed sharing way points, which is good.
2- I have manually entered about 250 way points so far. It is easier than the nav net 1, but still takes a lot of time.
3. I do not have the remote or event switch. I may look into the event switch. I spend a lot of time driving from the tower and I guess I need the switch up there.
4- my way points are very exact, down to the seconds, in shore near structure. Accuracy is critical.

Bob

Back