TimeZero cloud route sync, remote planning

Materials for our TzTouch2 units (network of 4 on our boat, connected to internet) all talk about how with the My TimeZero Cloud Data Service you can "Plan routes on your tablets at home and transfer them to your NavNet TZtouch2 onboard through cloud (sic)".
http://www.navnet.com/tzt2/en/features/wireless.html
How does one accomplish this? What tablet, what software, and what setup is needed on the tablet side to make this happen?

That website belongs to Furuno Japan. It looks like they have jumped the gun a little. You can save your settings to the cloud but the points/tracks/routes is not yet available. This feature should be in the next release expected at the end of April.

You can save and restore points and routes to the cloud. You can add friends and share your position data with them. I haven't tried it but the free TimeZero App should allow you to retrieve those points and routes, modify, and store them back into the cloud. Ideally as long as you put your account information into your TZT2 and the TimeZero App, you can share and use it for planning purposes. If anyone tries the app, let us know how this works for you.
TZShare.JPG

Don't think that you can share routes and the like across different TZ systems. The only App that I could find, is the iBoat TZ App, which can backup its settings routes and points to the MyTimeZero account in the cloud and restore it from there.

Even in the same account it seems to have its own world and the backed up data are not visible from a TZT2 MFD, which can do exactly the same for its data, (back it up and restore it), but only to the originating device or a similar one.

And in both cases it is an all or nothing approach, you can only back up all data, all routes etc. at once, and same is true for restore. I don't see a way to safe and pick up particular routes to and from the cloud.

At least I have not found any functions like that, would be nice of course, and maybe some day?

They are still working on it. Are you saying if you saved your points with your MyTime zero account from the TZT2, you could not use the APP with the same MyTime Zero account login information to restore the saved points to the tablet? (or vice versa)

Yes that's right. I used the same account (email and password) and it seems like two worlds.
The tabled restores what was backed up from the tablet and the TZT2 loads what was saved from itself. I believe that the restore merges data, which means that if you created a route after the backup, the restore brings in the backed up routes, but wouldn't delta the new one.

Not sure if the settings for the two TZT2s that I have are maintained separate or if it would try to merge. Something to try when I have a better internet connection where the boat is. Also not sure what happens to user settings if they are different on the two units.

Meanwhile I have the two TZT2 installed and connected on the boat and I was able to get a reasonable internet connection via my cell phone.

From what I observed it seems the two units had each their own and different settings backup.
But as soon as I restore either, both units get synchronised to what was just restored. So, depending on which unit I choose to restore settings, I get a different setup, but as both units are now networked, it will be set the same on both.

On routes and points it is the same, but you have a choice to replace or merge.

The backup of the tablet remains separate and can only be restored back to the same tablet. The tablet app does not have a merge mode, so that if you created a new route after the backup, the restore will delete it.

Each machine will have settings that are both GLOBAL (shared with the other machines on the network) and settings that are only for that machine. It sounds like the save to the cloud is working for the TZT2s but the save isn't being shared so the APP can use the points/routes which have been saved. I will ask Nobeltec about this and when they expect the sharing to other devices will happen.

Nobeltec says TZ Pro v4 / TZ Nav v4/ TZ iboat (next version) app; will all be able to share the MYTIMEZERO data. The TZT2 will also require a future update to share with v4 but these versions are all planned this year. They said currently TZ Pro v4 release is expected in April.

Closing the loop on this old thread, of course this is all now working flawlessly with the latest v4 TimeZero desktop, iBoat, and v7 software on TzTouch. Seamless sync'ing of routes and points allow remote planning.

Back