Remote Power Start

D

dpek

Does anyone know how to remotely turn on the power of this system. To my understanding the only way I have found to turn on the power is to actually press the power button on the system. I will not be able to manually turn on the system every time I need to turn it on as it is remotely located. Is there any way I can power it on remotely?
Thanks in advance.

That isn't a feature for the TZT2 like it is with the TZT. You can not remotely power the unit on. You can remotely turn it off using one of the free Apps.

Thank you for your reply.

Has anyone successfully powered on the device remotely using an external device to manually touch the power button? I have been experimenting with an arduino connected to a relay and building a capacitance switch which should theoretically be able to simulate a human touching the power button. However, this screen is particularly hard to stimulate.

The device that I built reliably works to simulate a human touch on android and apple phones, and a dell computer. However, it does not work reliably on the TZtouch2.

Does anyone have information on the particular touch screen that was used in the TZtouch2? I would expect that it is only looking for a charge drop across the screen to determine is the screen has been touched. However, TZ2 seems to be particular about the quality of the actual contact with the screen. For example, holding a ball of crumpled foil to the screen will not work to activate the screen, but if the ball is smooth, it will activate the screen. Both should cause the same charge drop, but the TZ2 can distinguish between the two. How is the screen designed to be able to distinguish between them?

Does anyone know what the touch screen was particularly designed to respond to (besides the obvious answer of human contact)?

Thanks

I cannot even get my TZ touch to turn on using my finger which I assume meets human touch requirements - I am interested in this post as I can seldom turn my screen on and it is frustrating. :angry

I thought the power button is separate to the touch screen on the TZT2, so may also react different to human touch. Also, if the device was powered up and the power was cut, doesn't it come back up when power is restored? Haven't tried that on the TZT2, but was the case with my previous MFD.

Back